
Well, I got an early Christmas present. I woke up Christmas Eve feeling nauseated. Oh no. Elijah had that awful flu last week, and it took a while to catch up to me, but I got it. Yay. I felt sick all day, but managed to do my day like normal. That is until after Christmas Eve dinner at my mom's house. We were all sitting around the table chatting after the meal was done, and suddenly it hit me. I ran. Unfortunately, Samuel was walking out of the bathroom as I was running in. He jumped out of the way as fast as he could, as I lost the entire contents of my stomach all over the floor between us both. After my stomach made sure that nothing, including stomach acid, was left inside it, I felt a tad better. But I nearly starved all Christmas day because even drinking water left me nauseated. Lovely. Regardless of that, we had a marvelous Christmas. I only videoed, but my dad took two pics. In my family we take a traditional picture on the stairs before we go see what Santa brought. My two little brothers, Liam and Ryan, are in front, with my little sister Lissa and her hubby Severin in the back on the right.
This is Samuel trying to get the kids to look at their Santa toys while I try to video tape. We didn't have much success. Elijah refused to be put down until we put him in the high chair and fed him breakfast. After that he was willing to play. Seara didn't care a whit about the darling brown haired, blue eyed (just like her) baby in the stroller. Until we showed her that the doll had shoes that could be removed. She cared about that. Christmas with kids is cute, but not until they are three or four. At one and two they don't really get what is going on!
Tuesday, December 25, 2007
Christmas at the Smith's
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
So, about that traditional picture... did everyone really do that BEFORE seeing what Santa brought (growing up)? For some reason I have a hard time believing that all 8 kids really waited and took the picture before seeing their surprises. :) If so, I guess I CAN train my kids to do anything!
Oh yes, we really did it every single year BEFORE seeing anything. My dad was really serious about us all getting up at the same time, taking the picture, and then going in the room in age order - youngest first. Funny, huh?! :)
That is too funny. Actually, hearing that about your dad makes more sense. I can just picture him... :)I think it's cute how it was in order of age too. We probably should have done that this year since Savanna woke up first and went downstairs all alone and totally started playing with Makenna's gift from Santa (and still believes the gift was for both of them).
Post a Comment