Last night for Family Home Evening we had some friends over and as the activity we had planned on making ginger bread houses. Unfortunately, because I am Janae, I am dumb enough to skip all the easy ways to make gingerbread houses (like using graham crackers or buying a kit) and I tried to make it all from scratch. I read some articles on Better Homes and Gardens and they suggested using cans to hold your house together while you assemble it. So here it is:
So then we tried to decorate the house. Also unfortunate is that we bought the decoration candy over a week ago, and by the time we were ready to decorate, most of it was gone (ooops!) So here's our 'decorated' house:
Finally, we're done! So we take off the cans, only to have this happen:
Oh well! I'm glad I tried it, but I don't think I'll ever do that again! :)
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Gingerbread ... Attempt
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Too funny!!!
Ha ha! That's just like you...have to do it the hard way! :) Graham crackers for me man. All the way. :)
It's the thought that counts, right?
It's not too late to buy a kit from Costco - they're like $10 or less. Can I talk you into it??? Savanna LOVES them and they come with so much candy that you can eat a lot while you make it. It's so easy! You should try it again!!!! I'm sure Seara wouldn't mind doing it one more time. (I love your new blog look!)
That is the most hilarious thing ever! It so sounds like you, Janae, but it sounds like something I would do too! I'm glad that it's something you can laugh about though. I think the whole point is that it's edible, right?
I haven't seen Wives and Daughters, but I've seen previews. Is it good? I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE North & South (I actually like it better than Pride & Prejudice *GASP!*)
You have such great pictures of your family. Seara is getting to be such a big girl!
Happy Christmas!
I am glad you commented! I was wondering what I was going to do with a personalized sign. I am not sure if they are shipping a whole new package or just a new name. Do you want just the name if all they send is a new one for mine? I'll let you know what I get first and we can go from there!
Post a Comment