Sunday, August 19, 2007

My Poor Kids


So these are sad pictures. Seara really likes to get into small spaces - like under the bed, on the book shelves, etc. The only problem is, she hasn't quite figured out when she can stand up again. Poor thing! (The one dark brown mark is actually her birthmark.) Sease and Lije also started sharing a room a couple weeks ago. And a few nights ago it was warm and we put Elijah to bed in just a diaper. I guess Seara not only needs her finger nails cut, but she also needs to learn to not scratch her brother. Poor Lije!! I'm glad we don't have any doctors appointments any time soon because I'd be afraid to take them!


Now to explain the next pictures. On the left we have Seara's time-out corner. Look interesting? Because Seara has a hay day every time I put her in time-out. She's way too good at entertaining herself. So I've been trying to find a way to make time-outs not fun. I move her to a corner in the bathroom (on the right), where I could keep the lights out and the door mostly shut, so it would be darkish and less interesting. Wondering if that has been successful? Let me tell you this story. Today I was reading the news and noticed that it was mighty quiet, so I went on the hunt. Guess where I found Sease? In the bathroom, with the door shut, sitting in the corner, and singing to herself. I opened the door, and she looked up at me with a huge grin and says, "Nice?" There goes that plan.

1 comment:

Davis Smith said...

How cute! Having a happy girl in timeout is much better than a grumpy one -- the mood usually stays awhile, in our house at least.