Elijah learned to clap on Monday! He actually did it once on Sunday, but it seemed more like a fluke, so I didn't really think much about it. But on Monday in the kiddy pool he would splash, then clap, then splash, the clap, and he did it over and over for about twenty minute. So cute! He seems way too young to be clapping. I think he is still about four months old in my mind.
Seara is definitely a two year-old. She still loves to push Elijah over whenever she sees him just sitting around. She throws lovely tantrums and I'm not sure what I'm going to do when she does her first really big one in public. Any suggestions? She gets better at talking every day, and loves to repeat things as long as you don't actually ask her to do it. Our newest humiliation is that she likes frogs, but for some reason pronounces "frog" more like another word that starts with the letter f. Use your imagination, I can't type it. Anyway, we have this little book of animals in our church bag and Samuel was showing her the pictures during sacrament meeting. And, of course, when he got to the picture of the frog Seara yelled out her version of that word. Ahhhh!! Gotta love kids.
Samuel still doesn't seem to have time to do everything he wants to do. He's considering working 10 hour days Monday through Thursday, so that on Friday he can spend all day on his own art stuff. I think that could really be good for his business, but I know he doesn't really want to work an extra two hours a day. Is it crazy to do something like that? Anyway, I continue to work a lot in the yard (I try to get at least an hour in every day). My flower beds, although devoid of flowers, are not devoid of color. Weeds are green too! I've been working in them a lot lately, and neighbors have come over to see what I'm planting, only to find out that I spend hours just to make my flower beds more brown and less green. This is all to say that, Mom, you owe me 753 pennies. :)
ps. did you get the whole "Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears" thing? Because my sister saw that illustration and immediately got it, but I'm not that smart. Oh, and FYI, the illustration is copyrighted, so no stealing it without permission. :)
Thursday, August 9, 2007
Claps & Tantrums
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Definitely London!!! We'll choose another European city and we can visit each other and travel together. :)
I love the updates on the blog. Sam's illustration is great!
I vote London but for purely selfish reasons...I want to visit.
Hey guys
So whoops, I hit publish a wee bit prematurely. I didn't know you guys had a blog! (so either you told me and I completely forgot, or you DIDN'T tell me on purpose, in which case I am sorry I followed you over here...)
ANyway, hope you guys are well, and FYI, we've got a family blog too over at
web.mac.com/aaronmiller
Hope to see you sooN!
When did you guys get a house? Where is it? That is AWESOME!!! :)
It has been a while... I really like the blog -- I just got done with our website and it has a blog, but I decided to use my education (not sarcasm) and build my own blog instead of using one that is already made and works without any problems...
Anywho drop us a line wheaties82@gmail.com or just come visit us at www.wheaties.us
Post a Comment