
So I have a game for you. While we were preparing our dirt for sod I was using a shovel to break up some rock-hard dirt clods. Well, somehow I missed the clod one time and hit my foot really hard. The next day we were at my parent's cabin and Sam accidentally dropped a small water bottle on that same foot, but a different part. I took this picture a couple days after each of those happened. The game is to guess where I got hit with the shovel and where I got hit with the water bottle. The answer is at the end of this post.
The fabulous news is that we finally have grass!! I am so happy! The sad part is that we have to water it all the time for the first two weeks and that makes the grass soggy, so we can't walk on it. And I think I am going to cry when I get the water bill. And the air conditioning bill. Summer is expensive. Then again, so is winter. I think we'll move to San Diego. That is our dream place to live. A bit expensive though. I've actually been looking in to the Houston area. It gets hot in summer, but not as hot as Utah. It rains a lot, but if I cut my hair way short then I won't care. We'd have to get flood insurance, but hurricanes usually come hard for two or three years, then are nearly non-existent for the next seven or eight, so if we move there next summer we'd basically miss the bad seasons. The real perk is that we could live close to the ocean (well, the Caribbean to be exact), and the Caribbean doesn't get cold like the Atlantic and Pacific. Now if only I could convince Samuel.
Okay, here is the answer to the picture game. Crazy, huh?! A metal shovel with all my might vs. a 12 oz water bottle. So strange! (Obviously I did the fancy picture work. You think I would have asked Samuel to make it look professional, but oh well! This should age me nicely!)
Sunday, July 8, 2007
My Foot & Our Grass
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ouch Janae! Beautiful family. Thanks for the update. I wouldn't mind having you move down here to San Diego. My dream is to have a lawn. :)
Post a Comment