Sunday, July 22, 2007

My Psychoanalysis

Well, it has finally happened. Elijah and Seara are starting to really enjoy each other. Seara usually wakes up during Elijah's morning nap, and after breakfast she'll walk around the house saying, "Lije? Lije!" In fact, Seara is playing with Elijah right now, and Seara is telling him "Don't hit. Don't kick. Don't chicken. Don't bite." The question is, what is "Don't chicken"?!

Elijah is really cuddly - each time he wakes up (in the morning & after naps) he snuggles into my shoulder and just lays there. I love it, especially because I am a cuddly person** and Seara is NOT. Well, actually, ever since Seara started noticing Elijah all snuggled up with me, she has started being interested in giving hugs, being held, etc. But she does have serious personal space and if I get too close when she is upset she pushes me away. Funny kid. Back to Elijah. He is the best eater!!

"Hey, this is new! Carrots? Yum!"

"Oh this is new too! Peas? Delicious!"

"Another new one! Green beans? Heavenly!"

"New again! Pasta? Fabulous!"

"One more time! Potatoes? Wow!"


Seara now laughs at movies - when Dash figures out he can run on water & when Dori stings herself on the jelly fish. I get the Dash one, because he laughs at that point and I think she just imitates him. But no one laughs when Dori hurts herself. Well, except Seara. Should I be worried? :o) She has also learned how to say "my turn" (probably from nursery) and now throws it out there every once and a while:

"Oh no, Seara! You made a mess!"
"My turn!"

"Here's your juice"
"My turn!"

"Want to go outside?"
"My turn!"

Okay, now on to Janae's rants. Feel free to quit reading now if you are mostly interested in my kids and not their boring mama!

I have decided that I am late bloomer. By high school so many of my friends knew what they liked to do and what interested them and what (at least generally) they wanted to do with their lives. I mean, heck, Samuel knew he loved art from the time he first touched a crayon. I think, because I am so interested in people and such a pleaser, I never really figured myself out. I just kinda went along with what other people liked and did. Well, for the last two years I have spent the large majority of my time away from any adult contact and this has allowed me to experiment and find out what I like for me.

So let me tell you about me. I love things that are clean and organized. Dirt and disorganization drive me crazy. I love the news, and I love politics. I really like intelligent humor. I love astronomy, star gazing, and planetariums. I hate when my hands are dirty. I love to cook, although I'm not a huge fan of eating. I love to learn about new things. I like to run. I don't know if I love it quite yet. I love it more when I'm done than I do when I start. I love to be spontaneous. I love being outside in the sun. I like lazy outdoor things (I'm not a huge hiker, but I love rafting down stream and biking down hill).

There you go. Janae in a nut shell. Maybe I could get Samuel to psychoanalyze himself for my next blog. lol.

Oh, and that is Sigmund. I thought his pic would be appropriate with all this delving into the depths of my unconscious.

**Samuel might disagree with that, so I need to put in an explanation. I am cuddly as long as I am not tired. If I'm tired, don't touch me. Ever.

65%How Addicted to Blogging Are You?

Free Online Dating from Mingle2

No comments: