Elijah sat for the very first time on Monday!! It was absolutely perfect because he turned six months old the very next day. I just decided to see if he could sit (we haven't really practiced it). So I put him down and he (of course) did the lean forward thing, but he sat and played for about twenty minutes. That is, until he got tired and then fell forward with his body in his lap and wasn't strong enough to sit back up. So cute!
Seara is getting to be such a personality. One of her favorite things is when I actually understand what she tells me. She gets super excited. She loves when I ask her things like "are you hungry?" She gets a huge grin, bounces up and down, and yells "yesss!" So precious!
On Tuesday I was sitting on the floor holding Lije, facing out, in a standing position. (That was Lija's position, not mine.) Seara was running and dancing around us, being very energetic and wild. Suddenly she stopped in front of us, leaned forward and gently kissed Elijah on the forehead, then she took each of his hands in each of hers, and began talking to him. So darling!
Thursday morning Seara ran up to me with one of her baby dolls and told me "hat on!" So I put the baby's hat on and gave it back to Seara, who held the doll out to get a good look and then told the doll, "Cuuuute!" So funny!
Friday night I gave Seara a bath. She got in and took her rubber duck off the side of the tub, placed it in the water and began reassuring it, "you're okay, you're okay." So not long after I put her in the bath she started telling me "Get out? Get out!" I needed to take care of Lije, so I kept her in for a bit longer, but she kept insisting. That is so weird for her because she loves the bath and will stay in there forever. So I got her out and put on her diaper and pjs, and she immediately ran off into the corner and went poop. So smart!
Sunday, May 20, 2007
the Kiddos
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment