Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Kids Grow So Quickly

Elijah has had a transformation these last two weeks. Suddenly he loves toys and reaching for things, and he's babbling and making raspberry sounds all day long. It is so much fun!

Seara has begun repeating everything we say, which should make for some interesting moments in the future! She also has begun to like drawing - a habit I'm sure her father will greatly encourage. Maybe we'll have two artists in the family!

Despite graduation, Samuel still doesn't have much free time. Now that the weather has warmed up, all his free moments are spent either on our yard or helping a neighbor with theirs. He does enjoy the physical labor, though.

I'm really getting into this running thing. Samuel and I still try to train MWFS (TTHSu our our "rest" days). I've also started running in the mornings with a friend of mine who lives near by. I'm kinda wimpy, though. She runs about ten minutes to my house, we run together about ten minutes (maybe a mile?), and then she runs another ten or twenty. I figure I could add more as I get more in shape. Plus, with my running with Sam, I'm probably doing 15 to 18 miles a week. Thats a lot for someone who has never done anything active since I was probably ten years old!

Our newest silly escapade is that we've decided to go green and quit driving our car all the time. LOL! We, of course, still drive any where that is far away. But, we are walking to neighbors and to church, Samuel rides his bike to work (it is about 10 miles each way), and I am planning on hooking the bike trailer on my bike to go to the store. Maceys is only two miles away, so its not a big deal, and my bike trailer has a huge trunk. I haven't done it yet, though, because the day before we started this whole experiment I went to Walmart and did all the grocery shopping I could dream of! :) Needless to say, we are saving a fortune on gas!

No comments: