When Twitter came out in 2006, the whole thing seemed absurd to me. Mass text messages? Seriously? That's the next big thing?! LAME. Sam joined three years ago and he liked it, but I still didn't get hype. Then suddenly this year I started hearing about huge announcements made via Twitter: Newt running for president, German election results, Will and Kate engagement, Lance Armstrong retirement, Ecuador state of emergency due to a coup attempt, and more. Enough was enough! The only way I was going to figure out why people loved Twitter was diving in head first.
So two months ago, I joined Twitter. For those two months I tweeted to a huge void. No one read, that's how I liked it. And guess what?! I kinda loved it. A lot. I have no idea why, but I did. Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end: this week I was ratted out. Two people found me and started following. (You know who you are, Jodi and Sarah. :) My secret was out.
I make no guarantees for how often I'll tweet or how interesting I'll be, but if you're on Twitter, let me know. I'm @theSAMAEshow.
Saturday, October 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 comments:
Okay...so I just read through all your tweets. Haha! Funny! I like you.
Cara - Isn't that nice that God made us sisters, since we already like each other so much anyway? :)
are your tweeting deep thoughts by janae?
That's so funny! I felt exactly the way you did. I thought Twitter was totally lame. Now it seems the whole world is Twittering and in my writers group it was revealed that now publishers will check out your web presence just to see how many people read you online to begin with. So, I joined twitter for purely selfish reasons (haha!) and I was glad to have an instant twittering friend already there! (you). We'll see how the whole thing goes. :-)
Janae. We started our twitter accounts within DAYS of each other!! Except mine really does have to be anonymous. For reasons you will see once you follow me: @locosays
-Paige
PS: I am loving your tweets
Paige - Oh, that's hilarious! Great minds think alike! Can't wait to see your posts. Especially with the intriguing introduction!
Sarah - Oh yeah, I meant to reply to you, too. I had no clue that publishers might check web presence. It makes sense, since I know many employers check facebook stuff and what not. Very cool. Good luck with eventually writing a book, I know it's one of your dreams!
I'll follow you! I don't tweet much but it's still fun. (@momtheintern)
you need to be on Facebook.
that's all.
Katie - HAHAHAHAHAHA! I would be on blogger and twitter but not facebook. I love that you always remind me. It makes me laugh. :)
You are pretty funny. But I still don't know how it all works. I just don't get it???!!!!
Post a Comment