Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Quotable Quotes

Since we moved to Draper six months ago I haven't been so hot at writing down the funny things my kids have said. But a couple weeks ago I ran across some random scraps with these quotes, so here you go. Six months in one [very small] wallop.


Right after he woke up one morning...
Enoch: I had a dream that I had to go peepee, and then the peepee comed out in my undies.

During the dinner prayer that he was offering...
Elijah: Thank you for all the sickness in the world that we share with each other.

Complaining about sitting by Enoch in the car because he wipes spit ('yuck') on them...
Seara and Elijah: But Mom! He has the power of yuck!

Waking up completely distressed in the middle of the night...
Me: Seara, what's wrong?
Seara: What is a fedora?!

Trying to compliment me...
Seara: You are the biggest mom in the whole world, and you have the largest arms, and the biggest hands!


Trying to get Seara ready for bed...
Me: Come brush your teeth, Seara.
Seara: But I'm pregnant!
Me: Seara, brush you teeth.
Seara: [incredulously] I have to brush my teeth even when I'm pregnant?!

Driving home from school...
Seara: Mom, did God have to touch fire to create the sun?
Me: No, I think he just made it with his words.
Seara: He can make things with his words?!  That is awesome! [pause] I wish I were God's wife so I could make things with my words, too.

How old do you think I look in this picture? I'm thinking 17. That's what I looked like at 17. It was taken last month.

11 comments:

Karen said...

Cute! You look amazing!

janae said...

Karen - If by amazing you mean really, really young, I agree.

Kelli said...

You actually do look quite young in that picture. But hey, you've got the largest arms and biggest hands, so it's okay. :)

Aubrey said...

A fedora? Did your definition calm her down?

(Seara has quite the vocabulary.)

janae said...

Kelli - Good point. My largest arms and biggest hands definitely gotta age me. :)

Aubrey - Yeah, actually, it did. I just told her it was a hat that older men wear, and she was fine with that. Went back to sleep.

Tera said...

Seriously there is a whole lot of things that I don't want to do when I am pregnant, SHE HAS ALREADY CAUGHT ON!

Cara said...

haha! So funny!

Ruth said...

Seara just hasn't seen my arms or hands. ;)

Forever young Janae - good for you.

Darling kiddos!

janae said...

Tera - Hahahahahaha!

Jolie said...

I love that pic of Elijah solo-he's got the most handsome little boy face!

Krishele said...

you been teaching them about fedoras?

Janae....the only thing that really changes about you is your hair.

...ok stop trying to read into that...Take it as a compliment. :)