Wednesday, February 9, 2011

EYE love you

Hello, and welcome to my very first year as a mom worrying about Valentine's cards! As with most moms, my first concern was TO BUY? or TO MAKE?

I decided to make them. Within certain parameters.

MUST BE
easy
cheap
fast
fun for both genders

Lucky for me, I had Sam. I decided on an EYE theme and Sam drew me the pictures. Seara and I put it on colored paper, added heads (that I enlarged from the class picture we got), and glued on eyes. Easy, cheap, fast, and fun. I love them!



Here's the template, in case you want to copy my awesomeness. Click on the picture, right click and save it, then print.




ps. For Valentine's we also made a heart garland out of yarn and had a heart lunch - hotdogs, string cheese, and strawberry toast, all made into hearts. Thank you Family Fun magazine.



20 comments:

Karen said...

I LOVE these! How cute and fun. You are so awesome to share. "Eye" hope the children enjoy them...I bet they will. I also love your new blog header!:)

Qait said...

You guys rock.
Of COURSE I would love to steal your idea!!!

Meg said...

awesome! I went the easy route this year since I bought some on clearance last year. I guess the boys in Jaide's class are lucky she likes Scooby Doo.

Tera said...

Now that is what I call awesomeness! Can EYE be one of your valentine's?

Ruth said...

way too cool Janae!

Amanda said...

I like it! Gotta come by and play...

ALYN said...

Very cute. Maybe next year...Eye don't have a class pic. thanks for sharing your art, Sam!

Cara said...

Super cute! I'm seriously considering coping this...I have to see if I still have any google eyes.

Cara said...

okay...it's official. I'm copying you. (not coping you)

janae said...

Cara - You can cope me any time you want. :)

Jolie said...

I LOVE it! Best valentines EVER!

Sam Ricks said...

The kids are going to love these!

Jennifer J said...

Eye am totally appreciating your coolness right now.

Margaret Pratt said...

BEST Valentine's "eye" have ever seen!!! Awesome job (as always)!

Paige said...

Eye am totally obsessing over these! Incredibly cool! Very creative guys!

Ben and Leah said...

love them! what a great idea, I'm very impressed.

Megan said...

Super cute!

Janell said...

Thanks Janae and Sam...I totally used these and they were a hit! Rylan's preschool teacher said "Those are the cutest Valentines I've ever seen"! Thanks for letting us copy you :)

Asialene said...

These are so fun and different! You guys are so creative.

Stephen and Debbie said...

Those are cute! What a fun way of doing Valentines!