Saturday, October 9, 2010

Playing Photographer

Today Sam and I went to the park to play a game. We called it "Playing Photographer." It goes like this: I pose for him, he poses for me. And we pretend we know what we're doing. Considering this is the first time I've ever really used anything but a point-and-click, I think the pictures turned out pretty decent. [This is the part where you tell me how awesome I am. Go ahead.]






As a side note, aren't we perfect for each other?!

16 comments:

Jamie said...

Where are all the pictures of YOU posing?? :) I love the bokeh in the background!! I am in the process of saving up for a DSLR...we'll see how long it takes me!! ;)

janae said...

Jamie - Let's just say that I didn't quite plan on this when I got ready this morning. :)

ps. the camera was a Canon 50D and it is wonderful!

Rebecca said...

They're beautiful Janae, where did you take them?

janae said...

Becca - At the Garden Park Chapel in Sugar House. If you haven't been there you have to go, it's amazing! I got my missionary pictures and our engagements taken there. The website is:

http://gardenparkward.org/

janae said...

(Just kidding, I forgot - the watermill ones are actually in the Brigham Young park just east of the Church Office Building.)

Cara said...

Nice job! I really like that top one. Very cool. :) And what a bad sport that you didn't post your pictures. :( You know I love you!

Melanie said...

Great job on the pictures! They are awesome! We also want to see Sam's handy work... :)

Karen said...

I agree, Sam deserves to have his work show cased! Looks fun.

Sharalea said...

Looks like you guys had a blast--like Jamie said--good bokeh! We need to have more of these photog practice shoots but it's so hard with a toddler!! *bah*! awesome camera choice, also. WELL DONE! :)

Paige said...

totally AWESOME pics... next time we're in Utah I would like you to take some glamour shots of my handsome husband ;)

KMom said...

These are great and you are both, indeed, awesome.

…………and perfect for each other.

All the best!

Krishele said...

I really like the first photos....

It's painful to look at the last two.

Krishele said...

Did you buy a new camera?

janae said...

Krishele - I wish! This camera is worth over $5000 when you add in the lense! Nah, Sam just has any time access to it at Art Institute. :)

Qait said...

Beautiful! The composition of the photos is lovely, too!

Mel said...

I'm not sure why Sam let's you put such things on the internet for the world to see...