Wednesday, September 16, 2009

You're Not Allowed to Blog Any More


Look, guys. I've been busy. I mean, super busy. "Why?" you ask? Well, you see, it all started with the realization that Seara will start kindergarten in a year. (Yikes.) And that she hasn't done preschool yet. (Double yikes.) But yeah right I can afford preschool right now! If we could afford preschool do you think we'd be living in MY PARENT'S HOUSE? No. Definitely not.

So I decided that I'm doing my own preschool for Sease and Lije. (I know, I know. You're thinking, "Who is this, and what have you done with the intimidated-by-kids, never-want-to-be-a-teacher Janae that we all know and love?!" I'm wondering the same thing.) The last few weeks have been spent preparing: reading hundreds of curricula (is that how you pluralize curriculum?), scanning dozens of books, making scads of activities, and preparing my very own, individualized preschool. And thanks to my artist of a husband, it is one GOOD LOOKING preschool. (Sorry Sam.)

Well, in the midst of all this my google reader has been filling up with blog posts. I was weeks behind. This morning I finally tackled it and I'm DONE. I'm all caught up. Phew. (Thank you, Dora the Explorer.) But honestly guys, I can't do this again. So I've made a very hard decision:

You are not allowed to blog any more.

16 comments:

Cara said...

Okay. I love that picture.

Good luck with your preschool. You'll be great.

Grandpa Ole said...

You don't have to blog "aloud", but you're still "allowed" to blog. Just don't teach your kids spelling.

janae said...

I KNOW!!! What a terrible typo. I kept looking at it, thinking something was wrong, but I couldn't figure out what. Serves me right for being so shocked at people who spell "genes" like "jeans". Maybe I shouldn't do preschool after all! ;)

Ruth said...

Please share some of your preschool ideas!

Tera said...

Yeh for home preschool. That is what Autumn and I do every mourning before we head out. I spend 15 mintues at her 'special' desk and do letters, numbers, colors, animals, and music. But don't you worry my dear you are so creative and have already done so much with all your kids you will do great.

Lissa Nelson said...

Ha. I totally know how you feel. One of the worst parts about coming back from vacations is knowing I have 100 blog posts waiting for me.

Janell said...

Janae you are seriously funny!! And way to go on doing preschool on your own. You obviously have spent lots of time with your kiddos over the last year so you'll be great at doing a preschool. Teaching/learning ideas sent this way will be appreciated :)

Sam Ricks said...

You had me there for a minute. I thought you were going to announce you weren't blogging anymore. And I was going to make you keep blog anyway. You're posts are too cool for you to stop.

Melanie said...

Good luck with the preschool. I must admit I agree with Sam. I too, thought you were giving up blogging. Your blog is one of my favorites and the only blog my husband follows. Just thought I'd let you know, in case the thought really did cross your mind. :)

Jennifer J said...

Just as long as YOU keep blogging, all will be right with the world.

P.S. I really wish I'd read this before you fixed your little mistake - then I would have seen the evidence that you really are human like the rest of us.

Stephanie said...

Okay;) HaHAHAHAHHAHAHA! I needed this today! Thank You!

Rachel Sue said...

We'll miss you!

And I think it's hilarious you went back and fixed that. . .

Trisha said...

Hi. This is Krishelle's cousin, Trisha, again. I do "home-school" preschool with my little girl, and I thought I'd let you know where I get my curriculum. I do Joy School from valuesparenting.com It teaches them values about the body, earth, honesty, etc. You do pay per semester,(there's only 2 per year) but you get all the material, and then you can use that on as many children as you have, so it's a one time investment. I think it's way worth it.

Good luck, and you're so inspiring with your blogs!
Trisha Tigert

Roberta said...

Good luck with preschool. A website with a lot of great ideas is letteroftheweek.com. And I thought your typo was just making fun of how people misspell a lot of words :) Especially since you did it twice.

Krishele said...

I say good luck at getting everyone else to stop blogging. It's a good try though.

I did a neighborhood "swap" kind of preschool one year for Kate where there were 5 moms who took turns taking each others kids. Kate loved it, but I must say that I'm not the teacher type. I must have had "SUCKER" written on my forehead. And even though they couldn't read, those preschoolers sure knew what it said. They gave me a run for my money each time it was my week!

Mindy said...

Way to go Janae! Even though you think you are not the teacher type, once you have kids all that goes out the window. Plus you are the proactive type, so kudos to you and I know it will go well. Too bad you are not still here in the hood, you could join our little swap. Maybe you can just join us on some of our activites - we miss you!

Oh, and I do love the joy school curriculum from values parenting. I have all the CDs if you decide you want to use them, but I think there are plenty of free things out there. Sing, Read and Write from Brite music is fun and I think they have it at the library. Good luck!