Thursday, September 10, 2009
Millions of peaches ...
Number of peach trees: 1
Weeks of harvest: 2
Amount the kids eat each day: 6
Times the adults have had peaches & cream for breakfast: 10
Full-to-overflowing grocery sacks: 8
Workers: 4
Hours: 4
Gallon freezer bags with sliced peaches for shakes: 12
Freezer jam by jars: 40
Freezer jam by cups: 66
Freezer jam by gallons: 4
Large bowls of peaches still left in the fridge: 2
Weeks before peaches start coming out our ears: 3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


16 comments:
Ok, that picture looks delicious! Send some peaches my way!
Who knew one peach tree could do all that??? I'm amazed!
Oh yum, I love peaches. I just never get them. My numbers could easily reach yours-I can eat about 3 of them in one sitting if I'm not paying attention(and someone else had already peeled and sliced them).
OOOOHHHHH!!! That sounds divine! Us Idahoans lack the ability to get really good peach crops up here. (something about too short of a growing season...I have NO idea what they're talking about---do you sense the sarcasm?)
Shoot! and I was just down there for Heather's baby blessing...had I known, you could have sent a few back up here with me. GRRR. Serves me right for not calling you while I was just up the street. But really, it was a pretty crazy weekend, no really it was. :)
Talk about a healthy peach tree!! Yep, I'm jealous. I have to settle for the semi juicy grocery store peaches.
Oooo! Send me some!
(We're getting a peach tree next month!)
Mmmmmm, you can send some my way anytime!
Yum peaches! That is what we have growing out of our ears except they are from your Utah tress not our Arizona Pine trees.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE peaches but alas peaches do not love me. Enough said. Nectarines and I get along okay though.
so jelous!
Wow. That is a lot of peaches. Strangely, this year I didn't want a single peach. Even when they sat there tantalizingly on the tree. Not even tempted. What I wanted was a nectarine! Oooooh, nectarines. Which is really silly, since in the back of my brain I consider them practically the same thing - except one has fuzz the other doesn't. WEIRD. I blame it on pregnancy. I'm glad you've been enjoying lots of yummy peaches, though! Someone's got to this season, because for some reason it's not me! :-)
My favorite thing to do with peaches is homemade peach ice cream. It's my favorite kind of homemade ice cream. I wait for it all year long.
Melanie - One word. RECIPE. Please?!
About Timp caves...If you think all your kids will want to be carried, maybe I'd leave the little one home!! Just having Asher wrapped to me I was sweating. Ry was on Kevin's shoulders most the time and Kev's hair was wet with sweat---gross, I know. Maybe we're just out of shape :) But there are lots of opportunities to stop and rest so YES I totally recommend it. Rylan loved it and still talks about it. It was fun for us!!
I just finished canning a whole bunch of spiced peach jam and I am so proud of myself!!
Post a Comment