Seara: Mommy, I went pee pee in the little boy potty!
While watching me change Enoch's dirty diaper ...
Lije: Hmmm...that's not yummy. It's yucky.
Out of nowhere in the middle of the afternoon ...
Lije: Mom, you're the best kid I've ever seen.
Me: I'm the best kid you've ever seen?
Lije: You're the best kid. I'm the fork kid.
While driving in the car ...
Sease: Mommy and daddy got married in the temple.
Me: Yup.
Sease: And mommy wore a white dress.
Lije: I'm gonna get married in the temple.
Me: Good idea.
Lije: I'm gonna marry Sisi.
During lunch one day ...
Lije: When you get married in the temple, you get married in the temple.
Me: Are you gonna get married in the temple, Lija?
Lije: Uh huh. But I have to get baptized first. When you get baptized you get wet in the water.
Me: Yup, you do.
Lije: Then I'm gonna get married in the temple. With Sisi.
Me: You're gonna get married to Sisi?
Lije: Yep.
Barbecue Picnic Dinner - Enoch was elated to be sitting at the 'big table'
As I combed her hair after a bath ...
Sease: You know, Mom, I'm supposed to be like afraid.
Me: Afraid of what?
Sease: Afraid.
Me: Afraid of what?
Sease: Afraid, Mom. Afraid is kind of like an amazing Jew.
Me: Oh.
(After much confusion and deliberation, I think she meant Esther. Esther was kind of like an amazing Jew, right? And Sease knows the story of Esther. We tell Bible stories at bed time.)
The next morning I told my mom about Afraid the Jew, and this conversation followed ...
Lije: A Jew is a girl.
Mom: A Jew can be a girl, but it can be a boy, too. Jesus was a Jew.
Sease: Yeah, Jesus was a Jew.
Lije: No! Jesus was not a Jew! Jew means you hold to the rod!
(So does that mean that only girls hold to the rod? ;)
Every morning during breakfast we do family scripture study, and I always wonder if the kids are actually listening. Well, today I got my answer. After reading one morning we had this conversation ...
Lije: What's hemla?
Me: What?
Lije: What's hemla?
Me: Hemla? Oh! Zara-hemla?
Lije: Yeah, what's Zarahemla?
Me: It's a city, where lots of people live. Like we used to live in Baltimore.
When he saw a bunch of his Aunt Anna's dance trophies ...
Lije: Look! Angel Moronis!
At lunch while discussing 'mommies':
Me: Who is Enoch's mommy?
Lije: Issagitar.
Me: [not understanding] Who is Enoch's mommy?
Lije: Issagatar.
Me: But who is Enoch's mommy?
Sease: [translating for Elijah with a "duh mom" sort of tone] It's. a. guitar.
Since everyone else in this house (Sam, my parents, my brothers) all call me Janae, Seara now does, too. She loves to compliment people, as well. Recent compliments include ...
Sease: Good brushing Sisi's hair, Janae.
Sease: Janae, I like your skirt, Janae.
Sease: Good downing the stairs with your feet, Janae.
(I was walking down the stairs. And I must admit, I am pretty good at it. :)
On the way to naptime ...
Lije: No! I don't want to take a nap! I want to watch Hannah Montana!


17 comments:
Your kids are so funny! I just love it. This post really made me laugh. Especially the stuff about Afraid the Jew and Seara's compliments. Your kids (even if they are a little confused) sound very gospel-smart. Good work.
Very cute stuff. I do feel a bit inferior though. Doug had his first day in nursery and he walked over to the picture of Jesus and got very excited. I was so happy until he said "Kitty Cat Meow". I thought you might appreciate that.
Such cuties! I can totally hear their little voices saying all that stuff. I'm glad you write this kind of stuff down. You (not "you" specifically, "you" generally) forget it so quickly.
Michelle - Oh, I definitely got a kick out of that one! That is too funny!!
Lol!
Awesome. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has no clue what her kid is saying sometimes...
Those pics of Lije feeding Enoch the Otter Pop are great! And Seara's right. You are good at downing the stairs with your feet. :)
Aubrey - Dude, any parent who tells you that they always understand their kids is lying through their teeth! It's not possible. Half the time I can't even figure out what they're saying, and when I do understand, half the time it doesn't make an ounce of sense!
Hannah Montana, eh? I can't wait until my boys can talk to each other!
About Lije wanting to marry his sister...I don't know which one is worse, Kate is determined she is going to marry her dad when she grows up.
Talk about robbing the cradle!
At least he's marrying a girl. Addison's marrying Hannah in the Temple.
You're kids are HILARIOUS!!!!
It is so fun to read little tidbits like this. I am glad you take the time to record them. Your kids sure are cute.
Ok, so i totally showed this to my roomates and we sat around cracking up, the "afraid" is still making me laugh :) And i want to watch Hanna Montana too
It's official. These posts about what your kids say are my favorites!! I love how funny and random but also how not-random kids can be all at the same time!
Your children are the most adorable and hilarious children I know. I seriously need to come visit you guys again soon. I miss them. Hahaha. Lij is just so so funny.
haha this post just made my day. What awesome kids!! :)
Post a Comment