Four days before this ...
He ...
Found these ...
And I found this ...
So the question is, do I buzz his head and ruin the family wedding pictures? Or do I try to pretend it's not there and go for the comb over look?
From some angles its not so bad ...
but from others it looks terrible ...
HHHHHEEEEELLLLLPPPPP!
Friday, July 17, 2009
This is Bad
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

23 comments:
Maybe you could just spike it up?? Color the bald spot in with some kind of nontoxic coloring agent? I'm so sorry! I cut my own hair this week and made sure to do it not in front of the girls so they wouldn't get any ideas. I'm sure they'll come up with the idea on their own at some point.
Hmmmmm... I'd suggest going in to a stylist and getting their recommendation on the situation. They may be able to show you how to style it without having to buzz all the hair away. Boy are so fun, aren't they?! ;) Good luck!
I totally think you should take a brown marker and color it in. That would totally do the trick. Good luck with that one. I miraculously have not had that problem yet. KNOCK ON WOOD!!!
Cara - This is the disadvantage of living in a home that is not my own. We'd never had the problem either, because I keep my scissors WAAAAAAAY out of reach. (I distinctly remember you and I doing this sort of thing!) But here I have no control over where stuff is. So sad!
I would buzz it, then with the pictures you would always have some blackmail. :) We buzzed our kids heads this summer too, we are getting family pictures taken in a few weeks, we will see what they say about it when they are older.
I'm with Cara on this one. Brown marker. All you need is a little color and I bet you won't be able to tell in the pictures.
When you do find a solution, let me know what it is. I have so much to learn. :)
LOL! Oh no! Just yesterday Addison came at me with the scissors and asked me if she could cut MY hair! We had a good long talk about how we don't cut hair. We let professionals do it. Hopefully that talk will stick.
Could we cut a bunch of little pothole spots like that all over his head? I'm thinking we could start a trend.
I think you should cover it up with a bow :) No really I think you should buzz it.
Sam - oooh, like cheetah spots. Cool. Let's do it. :)
That is hilarious! I'll give you $10 if you cut cheetah spots on his head. Really though, it's not that bad. I mean, how many pictures do you take of the top of peoples' head anyway? Hopefully, Seara won't do the same thing, that'd be bad.
You could pretend that he's developing alopecia. It actually kind of looks like that. ;) Really though, can you see it badly from a front-view? I would think it wouldn't be terribly noticeable.
Lots of good ideas. I initially thought about the brown marker idea...that would work for pictures...plus people don't study the little kids in wedding pictures too much anyway. The faces they pull and stuff is much more noticeable than their hair. :)
I like Sam's idea the best!!!!!!! :) Good luck.
We have a family picture where Nate only has 1 and a half eyebrows because he shaved half of one off with my razor. Frankly, it makes for a good story. I wouldn't worry about it too much. If it doesn't show up in the pictures, all of this worrying will have been for nothing...if it shows up, Janae will have another entertaining story to tell.
Derek
Caroline - Dude, I'd do cheetah spots for ten bucks! Are you kidding?! :)
$20 if you actually dye the cheetah spots the appropriate colors.
Whatever you do ...You guys are funny. Janae thanks for stalking your husband's cousins. We enjoy you...I am speaking for the Stephen Ricks girls.
I honestly don't think it will be that noticeable in pictures. I burst out laughing at Sam's suggestion however. I'll chip in $10 for the Cheetah spots! I think part of the genius of your posts is that you are so succint. You always leave me wanting more details. I've never heard of boys cutting their own hair only girls. Elijah seems to have a talent for getting into things that will cause trouble!
We buzzed Asa's head a couple weeks ago. It took a while to get used to him without hair but we think he looks really cute now! You probably wouldn't have to go all the way down with his hair. Or maybe you would, I don't know. You could have Sam shave his head, too!
(I really want to make a comment about how you could pretend that he's a cancer patient, but that's awful of me to even think that.)
Send me pictures from last weekend, please. Thanks!
I'm such an idiot- I kept trying to figure out why you looked so different in theat first picture. Then I realized that must not be Sam, therefore not you. Duh! Sooorrryyy.
So what did you end up doing? I thought only girls found the scissors, but I stand corrected. I just hope my little guy doesn't find them, because if he cut that much off, he wouldn't really have any left!
Post a Comment