Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Lonely

1902.

One thousand nine hundred two.

I have been with Samuel every day for 1902 days. Even if it was only for a few hours, we've spent time together EVERY DAY. Since Friday, May 14, 2004.

Until now.

Sam left yesterday morning for a three-day man-bonding adventure in the Uintas with my dad and three younger brothers. No internet, no cell phone, no contact.


I'm lonely already.

15 comments:

Cara said...

That crew doesn't look too fun to me. I hope things lightened up for them. :)

Don't be lonely...call me! :)

janae said...

Car(e) - ha, ha! No, they don't look too cheerful. I have a smiling shot in the same pose, but I thought the serious one was so funny that I just had to put it up. :)

steph said...

Wow 1902 days! That is a long time! We didn't make it that long.
I know how that feels though to be apart from your spouse. Adam and I were apart a few days when he went out to Iowa to hunt with his dad... and then he went to DC to interview for that job and he was gone a few days then too. (but we could at least talk on the phone... so I can understand you feeling very lonely!)
In the future Adam will have to go on a 3 month deployment-kind-of- thing.. where he works out in the field... and it is not just once.. he'll probably have to do it several times over the years. I am really not looking forward to that.

But I hope your lonely feeling eases up! Ya know, You could make something for him with your kids for when he gets home... that could help keep your mind off the loneliness.. i've tried it, it works! ;0)

janae said...

Steph - I actually thought about you when I wrote this post, cuz I remember that you had written about Adam leaving. I feel like a big baby complaining about a couple days when I know a lot of women who have husbands who are in the military and leave for months at a time. Poor them!

Gr S said...

To tell you the truth, sweetheart---you don't know what lonely is!!!!! Just wait fifty years!

austinamasandra said...

Ole is gonna make men out of those boys!!! Ah, Ah, Ah!

Kori said...

What a lucky girl. My husband has to travel for work sometimes so we've been apart quite a bit and even when he works a lot I feel like a single mom.

SNSsoup said...

WOW! First thing Janae- I can't believe you actually know how long it's been that you haven't been without Sam, but then again, I guess it's kinda simple to figure out when the two of you have NEVER been apart! That's NUTS! Spencer and I have a few friends, who like you two have never been apart in their marriage, not even for a day, and we used to wonder, what in the WORLD would that have been like if Spencer and I had never been apart?! I can only wonder, because we've been apart at least on 10 or more separate occasions (that's not even counting the time we were dating and engaged though- cuz we were always apart on the weekdays and only usually together on the weekends). At least for this first time apart, Sam has gone off and left you to be with some of his guys friends- at least he's in the company of your family. Hope you can get out with the kids during this time he's away and do something fun yourself!

Jenna Baker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jolie said...

Hey, when the cat's away the mice will play. ;-)

Krishele said...

I'm impressed that you haven't been apart until now.

I don't think I could remember all of the occasions Jason & I have been apart. One particularly stinging one was when I was pregnant with Andrew in the middle of moving, between apt. and house with a two year old, staying at my mom's house. I love her...but I can't say I love all the stuff in her house. Jason was away 3.5 weeks in Japan, China, etc. for a study abroad thing. I had to practically close on our house by myself...he got back just in time to put down his John Hancock and send off the papers...If you were wondering, that wasn't stressful at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jenna Baker said...

Dear Janae,

Remember if you ever need me, I am only 45 minutes away and more than willing to drive up there to take care of your darling kids, or just keep you company.

Sorry I went to bed so early yesterday, after Enoch went to bed, and I cleaned up the kids messes, I just sat in the rocking chair and rocked myself to sleep. Haha. We could have bonded more.

I just loved spending the weekend with you. You;re incredible, amazing, and absolutely beautiful. Thanks for everything. P.s. Maybe I should stop by tomorrow and get some watermelon. What do you think?

Love,

Jenny/Jenna/Jennifer/whatever you want to call me

Erin said...

Even when you moved back East it didn't up being a whole day apart? Wow! Matt doesn't have to travel often but I must admit when we are apart it's kind of fun when we get back together. That whole absence makes the heart grow fonder thing. He always writes a note for me and leaves it on the steering wheel, sends me an e-mail which is unusual etc. Then again that's pretty much how most of our dating/engagement went living 2 hours apart! I'm sure you'll survive. Just don't get used to having the whole bed to yourself!

Babydoll said...

You have never been a day without him until now. That is crazy! I hope you survived!

Joe said...

haha, i just thought it was funny how sam's the shortest one :) blasted Ricks genes