Monday, July 13, 2009

Explain this to me ...

This afternoon, 12-1 pm.
Dressed in jeans and a t-shirt.
Running around trying to feed lunch to a 3 year-old, 2 year-old, and 1 year-old.
House temperature: 75°.
Me: freezing.
Solution: put the kids down for naps, cuddle into a down blanket.

Last night, 12-1 am.
Dressed in light-weight pjs.
Laying in bed, wide awake, no sheets or blankets.
House temperature: 75°.
Me: sweltering.
Solution: splash myself with cold water.

HUH??

13 comments:

Natasha Wheatley said...

Ahahaah! I do the same thing! I freeze whenever we sit and watch a movie and I have such a hard time sleeping at night. I swear the thermostat is out for me because it sure doesn't feel like 75 sometimes!

Cara said...

Maybe you are going through menopause. Ha ha! Who knows?

Anonymous said...

Hormone imbalance.

Stacy Lynn Carroll said...

I have that same problem ALL THE TIME! Matt just says I'm crazy. Who knows? But I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Tera said...

My guess, PREGNANT!

Mindy said...

Only one explanation for that, girl . . . isn't about time for another one?

Janell said...

Of course the first thing that came to mind was pregnancy...but I like the anonymous poster who said "Hormone imbalance"!

janae said...

Ha, ha! You guys are funny. But no, I'm not pregnant. This has happened for years. I think my body has some weird thermal thing that turns on at night. I guess I'd do well at winter camp outs. :)

Kori said...

When your sleeping your body temp goes up and many people sweat, so at night time that's not abnormal. Day time, who knows?

Caroline said...

It's okay. I was wearing my BYU sweatshirt around the house today too because I was cold, in the middle of summer....

SNSsoup said...

Hey that sounds like what I'm experiencing, only I know the reason for my hot flashes- are you preggers and just not sharing the news with anyone???

Stephanie said...

Darlin, you are wide awake in the middle of the night with the man of your dreams next to you............There is a much better solution than splashing yourself with cold water;)

Krishele said...

I can't tell you why that is, but it happens to me too. I wouldn't be surprised about the whole hormonal imbalance thing...with me anyway. But there has been no freezing in my house this week. I'm trying to sleep with the thermostat at over 80 degrees. Looks like I need to step up the motivating the spouse to help put in the a/c units, aye?