For the life of me I couldn't tell you what day the first Pilgrims landed in Maryland. No clue. But if you ask when the Pioneers arrive in the Great Salt Lake Valley? Oh, July 24, 1847. Yeah. It's a Utah thing.
To celebrate the holiday we tied rag dolls, dipped candles, and made homemade butter. And we took these awesome pictures.
See? I'm nine months pregnant. It's boy. Pioneers generally didn't know the gender, but I do. Because the balloon is blue.
Thursday, July 30, 2009
9 Months Pregnant
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

18 comments:
And I thought the Pilgrims went to Plymouth. (Mass.)
Didn't some Catholics settle Baltimore?
Anyhow, very funny pictures.
Was this a ward activity? Such fun pictures! And I like how you are wearing glasses in one picture, but not in the other. Like you were trying to be authentic and then decided, it's not worth it...I have to be able to see. :) Oh, and I see you share my serious-face-makes-me-look-depressed trait. Sam's serious face just looks serious. You (and me) look like the world is about to end, just because we aren't smiling. It totally stinks.
That sounds like a lot of fun! I was actually considering trying to make my own butter the other day.
I love the pictures! They look pretty for-real!
Oh yeah, we are planning on coming down to the Baker Reunion Friday... who's all going to be there?
Cute pictures. I love how serious you look, just the pioners. Thanks for sharing!
Oh I still love these pictures. I love the watermelon, and p.s I agree having lissa would have been the greatest ever. Haha. Oh my.
This is the coolest family picture I've ever seen. Ever.
ummm are you making an announcement??
Those pictures ARE awesome...love the serious faces. SO pioneerish :)
Love the way you carry that baby :)
You all did so well at keeping a serious face. What a fun picture. Nice addition to the family as well!
You are hilarious! You Utahns take this holiday seriously!
buahahahaha this just made my day!! You guys are awesome!
What a great way to celebrate the holiday! I love it!
super funny!
Janae.
I love reading your blog.
I love these pictures.
I am lovin' that balloon.
You. make. me. laugh.
The things you come up with! You know, I've never made butter. Maybe you can show me how someday, aye?
Seara looks like she's been made to pull a handcart all day! I just love the faces!
Janae, you look like you're about to kill the photographer. ;) I guess birthing a balloon will do that to you. Love Enoch's face.
That is hilarious!
Post a Comment