Sunday, March 25, 2007

Current Fam Fads

Let's see. This last Tuesday was Samuel's birthday. The kids got him the movie "Cars", my parents & I joined together and got him an amazing set of super nice watercolors, and Sam used money from my Grandma to get a watercolor palette and paintbrush. Ever since then he has been ITCHING to do some painting, but he just hasn't found the time. He has one class left to complete graduation requirements and all the work for it has to be done and approved by March 30th, so he's been rushing to get that done. Once he's finished, I'll probably never see him again. He'll end up locked in his studio painting away!

My current interest is landscaping. Since we built a house, all we have is dirt, so we'll need to put in sprinklers, a fence, topsoil, sod, etc. Well, I had a guy from the local nursery come by and give me some ideas of where to put flowerbeds, trees, etc. and what kinds of things to plant where. He suggested I get "Garden Gate" magazine, so I went to the library and got every issue from 2005 to now. I also requested about 20 other gardening books that were checked out. I'm learning a ton about trees, plants, and flowers. Its really fun, although we'd need a good 20K to do what I want, and that's not going to happen. Oh well! It sure is fun to dream!

Elijah's neck is getting strong now. When I lay him on his tummy he can keep his head up and look around for a good 30 minutes. He recognizes me now, and when he's crying and I come to get him, he'll stop crying the minute he sees my face - before I even touch him. He still wakes up about twice a night, which is tough when you're used to Seara who slept 12 hour nights at 2 months! Oh well. At least he's healthy! We always had to struggle to keep the weight on Seara, and Lije has no problems with that! :)

Okay, I have a ton to write about Seara, so she'll get her own separate post!

No comments: