Monday, April 25, 2011

Head Shots


Playing a game where uncle Liam hides, and when they find him, he scares the daylights out of them...
Seara: He's invisible!
Elijah: He's so hidey we can't find him!
Enoch: Yeah! Like a candy bah!
__________________________________________________________


A few months ago, just as we finished getting ready for bed, Sam and I kneeled down for our nightly couple prayer. It was Sam's turn. He began the prayer like normal, nothing out of the ordinary. But then, out of nowhere, he uttered, "Please bless JAY-nae."

I opened my eyes and pulled back in shock. "Excuse me, who on earth is JAY-nae?? Or did you suddenly forget how to pronounce my name!?" He chuckled (how offensive!), and I let it go.

I brushed it off as a one-time thing, but couple months later he did it again. JAY-nae!! I'm starting to wonder if I should be concerned...

17 comments:

Cara said...

I love the JAY-nae story. :) And "he's so hidey"? That's hilarious!!

janae said...

Thanks CAY-ra.

Sarah Rachelle said...

Okay, you look totally beautiful and normal, Janae, but that guy next to you looks WEIRD!
Beautiful kids!
Erik sometimes calls me Amber... (his sister) But he's never called me SAY-rah. heehee!

janae said...

Sarah - Haha! My parents think our picture looks like it came straight out of the 70s - his big hair and beard, my long straight hair, the coloring, etc.

Babydoll said...

Where did you pick that guy up? I just laugh every time I see pics of Sam, but this picture of both of you just made me so happy. I don't know why I think it is so funny, I just do. It still surprises me every time. The kids are all adorable. I love their pictures.

janae said...

Bos - Oh, I think it is quite hilarious myself! In fact, that's why I got it taken - because we look so strange together! :)

Ruth said...

What will your darling kids ever do when they don't have their uncles to play with?

Stacy Lynn Carroll said...

Super cute pictures!!

Lyndi said...

Janae, you need to part your hair down the middle and sport a headband or something...that would rock!!:)

janae said...

Lyndi - Oh, man, if I had only thought of that! A middle part with a headband on my forehead would have been PERFECT!

Sam Ricks said...

Man you guys look cute!

Kelli said...

Love the pics. You look amazing! Sam, on the other hand...ummm, when does he get to shave off that thing? :)

janae said...

Kelli - I don't really know. As soon as filming is done, whenever that ends up being. I'm guessing round about August? Maybe September? I figure I might want to get used to it just in case he has one for the rest of eternity. ;)

Krishele said...

Look at all that HAIR!!! On both of you!!! Your hair grows like weeds...didn't you JUST chop it all off????

Megan said...

Love the pictures!

BrookieT said...

Cool pics! What is he in that they are filming?

janae said...

Brooke - The church is making some New Testament shorts. They haven't started filming yet, though. I think it will start this summer.