Remember way back on September 17th when I announced I was doing the 100 push up challenge? Guess what? I actually did it. Seriously. I did ONE HUNDRED CONSECUTIVE PUSH UPS. (Okay, admittedly they weren't quite military style, but I really did do 100. Consecutively. No breaks.) Feel free to let you mouths gape open in awe.
So as promised, here are the before and after pictures:
BEFORE (the big wimp)
AFTER (incredibly buff)
And so you ask yourself ... how is it, after eight weeks (we took a few breaks) of regular push ups, and going from doing 0 to doing 100, that Janae's arm looks EXACTLY THE SAME?! I wonder the same thing. There actually is a small difference. My under arm muscles are larger. Unfortunately, that is a BAD thing. Heaven knows I'm not doing any more push ups, which means all that muscle is going to atrophy into fat. Bring on Relief Society arms.

14 comments:
Janae! I can't believe you stuck with it. You impress me! Seriously, I am so impressed (especially since I'm a slacker).
Also, you make me laugh. HARD.
Good for you!!! You Buff girl you! :)
ha ha! They are the same...if anything, I think the top one looks a little bigger. Ha ha! But hey, you did it. Who cares if the muscle doesn't show? :)
You're hilarious. You are good to keep going. I stopped at like week 3 and got bored of it. I need to start again...
Relief Society Arms? I thought I was fully immersed in the culture, but I've never heard that one!
Way to go!
Well, I'm glad I wasn't expected to see a difference. Cuz there ain't.
And lady - you will NEVER have Relief Society arms.
I was wondering about you and that push up thing. I'm actually still doing it. Sadly, I'm still on week 3 because I did week two for about 6 weeks because I kept forgetting to do the last set...so I'd just start over on the same week the next Monday. Oh well. I've done 32 consecutive push ups. Not as impressive, but I'm getting there.
Great job though! I'm sure there is more of a difference in your shoulders and back...but you can't really post half naked before and after shots. Seriously, turn around and flex in the mirror before you shower or something and check out your upper back. You'll probably be surprised. :)
WOW!! you are so hard core! i'm still chuckling though, cause i had to keep going back and forth b/w the before and after shots because your first picture looked buffer than the second.... hahah. i think it's good you didn't seriously beef up or anything.that's not attractive...good job!
GOOD FOR YOU!! yay! Good job Janae!
waaaa for me :(
Perhaps you could try a different way to build more bicep and less tricep...and perhaps, one bicep curl at a time we can change the perception of relief society arms. (We always called them "lunch lady arms")
Just blame it on the lighting...
Yeah, we're going to have to do some curls to get the biceps bigger.
But I can personally vouch for the fact that she did all the push-ups. And I can also vouch for the fact that she started out not being able to do even one normal push-up. 100 push-ups is AMAZING if you consider that. Even if the biceps don't show it. :)
AHHAhahha...I've decided I really like your blog (I almost said I like YOU, but wouldn't that be creepy since you don't even know me?).
I found you through...I don't know, some other mormon mommy blogs or something. Feel free to stalk me. My blog is probably not so interesting (it's still a bit of a baby, you know?).
May I follow your blog? :D I promise I'm not creepy! Weird, heck yes, but not creepy.
Post a Comment