Sunday, March 30, 2008

I want to CRY!!

Maybe its the farmer gene showing through, but I love plants, trees, flowers, anything that grows. So, when I planted my bulbs last spring I couldn't wait for them to come up. I waited all winter, and as soon as February arrived, checked nearly every day for a sign of them popping through the soil. When they did finally show face, I took pictures and blogged about it. Last week my sweet little flowers began to bloom. I took pictures of that too.



Each day more and more flowers blossomed and I was thrilled! In fact, yesterday Samuel and I spent from 9am to 7pm weeding, tilling, mulching, planting, weedwacking, edging, sweeping, and getting our yard in pristine shape. It looked amazing, especially with all my colorful little flowers.

And then I woke up this morning. This is what I saw ...


By the time the snow stopped, my flowers looked like this ...


DEAD. They are all going to be DEAD. I'm trying really hard not to cry. I am so upset!!

7 comments:

Cara said...

Oh, I hope they survive! They looked beautiful. I'm still waiting for the before and after pictures of your yard. hint hint.

Jolie said...

I feel your pain. We had a couple weeks of gorgeous, spring weather at the beginning of March (March coming in like a lamb) and then about 5 days of nothing but sleet and SNOW. And lots of it. The wacky weather has killed all signs of spring vegetation here too.
Boo hoo hoo hoo.

We live in an apt. complex run by nazis who won't let us plant anything in the ground outside of our door, so I can't relate to you in that way. I haven't planted anything of my own for a couple years. But I still feel for you.

Megan said...

So sad. When is spring really coming?!

Aubrey said...

This is winter in Utah... it ain't over till its over. :-( I'm hoping your pretty plants will be okay anyway.

austinamasandra said...

So sad, i hope they live, they looked so cute and plants are so expensive any more!

Lyndi said...

oh, how sad! i always knew something like that would happen so i just tried not to care about the landscape in our utah place until after mother's day! i also never planted my garden until then as well! you just never know, but i hope your flowers survive!

Margaret and Murray Pratt said...

I am sorry Janae! I truly hope they survuve! I have just planted some seeds and it so fun to see them sprout and grow!