You wonder some times if your children really understand why they are getting disciplined. Well, this week I found out that with Seara, the answer is YES! A couple days ago she was playing, and she intentionally took a toy and hit herself on the leg with it. Then she said sternly to herself, "Time out!" After that I started noticing that any time she hits or bites or does anything bad like that, she'll tell herself "Time out!" So she obviously gets it. Now how on earth do I stop the behavior?!
It must have been nursery that taught her this, but whenever I sing a song or I play music on the computer, Seara will cheer "Yay!" and clap at the end. Well, today that extended a bit further. We were in sacrament meeting, and just after the prayer on the bread - you know, the moment after everyone says 'amen' and the whole room goes silent - Seara jumped up and yelled "Yay!" all while applauding wildly. She did it again after the prayer over the water. I guess the guys who blessed the sacrament must have felt proud, because Seara definitely appreciated their performance.
Elijah has quickly learned what things I do not like him to play with and now any chance he gets, he B lines it to whatever it is he should not be touching. For example, he is not allowed near the toilet (for obvious reasons), so any time someone leaves the bathroom door open, Elijah will crawl faster than humanly possible to the toilet. Luckily, I haven't had any gross experiences yet. I'm hoping to avoid them. Lije has also learned how to crawl up the stairs, which has made me constantly vigilant. I'm also hoping that doesn't become a story on the blog!
Sunday, September 16, 2007
Your Picture Next
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
The one of Grandma is not showing up but the other two are. The one of your mom and dad has me crying - so funny! Your dad especially is cracking me up. Now I am going to waste half my morning doing these - thanks a lot Janae :)
Very cute! Thanks.
Janae-
That is the funniest thing ever. I can't wait to make some of my family.
They all worked for me. And my favorite is Dad and Mom. Dad is quite the dancer. I was totally laughing out loud. And Ethan keeps asking for the "Grampa Smif one!"
By the way, Ethan has a similar church story. Every time we have a prayer at church (opening, closing, sacrament, etc.), during that same silent moment after the amen, Ethan yells either "I WAS GOOD!" or "I WAS REVERENT!" We are working on it. :)
Pretty fun. I just didn't realize I had that much dance talent.
I never understood the fascination with the toilet either! That is still one of Braden's favorite things to surprise me with. Oh and don't worry, I'm sure some of those fun stories will come your way. And cute videos!
Janae --
You had me rolling on the floor laughing when I saw the one with your parents!!! I still have to chuckle when I think of your dad dancing around shaking his butt!!! :) Not the man that I knew. . . but I guess I only got to see the mission president side of him. Keep up the great posts!!
ps- I am going to have to steal your jib-jab idea
Post a Comment