My little brother Tyler is going into the MTC this coming Wednesday, so today we had a special missionary FHE for him. Each RM in the family (that was there) shared a story about their mission, and then we watched this little video I made. I'm posting this mostly for my siblings who could not attend, but the rest of you can watch it if you want! Samuel had some fun experiences with Seara this week, so today he is writing the blog. Here you go!
Hi. So, this Saturday, Seara and I went on a walk to give Janae some time to get things done. It was a very interesting experience. There's a trail close to our house and a a river that runs along it, so I decided to take Seara in the stroller down to the trail. Once we got to the trail, I let Seara get out of the stroller to take a walk. I put her down, and she walked a few steps and stopped dead in her tracks. She immediately looked down and tried to look between her feet. Now, at first I thought she was examining the leaf that she had just passed--but no. Seara walked a few steps more, stopped again, then looked down between her feet. She looked up at me as if she was scared, and then she started whimpering and grabbed at my pant legs to have me pick her up. I picked her up and put her back in the stroller, we walked a few more feet, and then Seara wanted to get out again. So, I got Seara out, she looked around a little more, and then she decided to walk in the opposite direction we had come. And she didn't really want to go the way we were supposed to go. Finally, after a few more minutes, I understood what she was doing. The direction we had been going was west, and our backs had been facing the sun, which cast long shadows on our figures. Seara refused to walk west, instead preferring to turn and walk east. She was walking in the direction of the sun to avoid her shadow! She was scared of her shadow! It was hilarious to watch. (Parenthetically, Seara also ate dirt on our walk, but I'll save that for another posting.)
Later on in the day, I took Seara outside to walk around on the driveway, where she discovered her shadow again. This time, though, she wasn't scared of it. She turned, looked at her shadow, tried to grab it off the driveway, stood up, and slowly started waving her hands and watching what her shadow did. Having realized that her shadow was not, in fact,a thing to be feared, Seara proceeded to wildly wave her arms, jump up and down and shout like a mad woman all while looking at her shadow. Anyway, it was pretty hilarious. So, back to Janae.
Anyway, Elijah is good. He has a bit of colic, but we're okay. He did sleep twelve hours last night, so I love him. :) And life is good!
Sunday, February 18, 2007
Tyler & the MTC
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment