Friday, November 17, 2006

Much to our surprise...


Well, we had an unexpected surprise this week . . . on Wednesday afternoon (November 15th) I went into labor and barely made it to the hospital in time to have the baby! I almost had a c-section because he tried to come out Superman style (with his right arm up over his head and coming out first), but the doctor managed to push the baby's hand out of the way and the delivery went perfectly. We named the baby Samuel Elijah Ricks (but we'll call him Elijah) and he was 6 lbs. 15 oz. and 20 inches long. He was also 15 days early - yikes! We didn't have anything prepared, so my mom was out buying us diapers, blankets, and clothes while I recovered at the hospital. Anyway, we're home now and doing very well. I'm attaching some pics - the first is just a few minutes after Elijah was born and the room must have been really dark because the pics not very clear. The second is when he is about 20 hours old. The last one is just this afternoon when Seara got to hold her baby brother for the very first time. She is really cute, she wants to hold him all the time and keeps saying "baby." I think I'm in for quite the adventure now!

No comments: